Sunday, October 4, 2009

GHIJ why are doing this?

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated, even if it's an assignment. I can see that you took your time with your thoughts, and that means a lot. Thank you, Andy, for demonstrating how I got owned. Over and over again.

Now, John, I said that because I beleive that the more the consumer knows that they're getting up and quasi-exercising, the less they see it as a game, which is, by definition, something fun. Most people, particularly those who buy videogames, associate exercise with discomfort and ultimately not enjoyable. I feel that if the Wii shows us too much that it helps us get fit, it will lose some of it's "game" aspect.

I know, my written segment had a bit less than it likely should have, but I also felt that by leaving it open ended, I was able to better provide material for comments from you two. Thus, it served it's purpose. Nonetheless, I will flesh out the next written segment further.

Andy, I totally agree with you in that the "okay" has become a pre-programmed response, that we automatically churn it out when something is put forth to us, as we see that people accept it easily. Plus, it's fairly simple to say. Even zombies could probably squeeze it out. OOOooookkkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyuuugghghuhg.

Ooh, that's actually an interesting question. I think that there might be a mix between not havign the happy emotion and not expressing it. Because we are essentially talking to the screen, we have less need for expression, because we don't need to add any real visualization to our words, as they are only being read. (Ironically, this should logically be a better way to boost our writing skills, how to better conve ya message through writing) So we don't express it as much online. I do think, however, that there are certain times where we are so zoned into the media that we are past reasonable emotion, and we are just part of the electric current of the machine. -.-

but anyway, if you played me, I'd OWN YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment